Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Buffalo Wild Wings- West Des Moines


The husband and I went to Buffalo Wild Wings and ordered their Ultimate Nachos with chicken.  The chips were crispy and salty- maybe a little too salty.  The chips were topped with a meaty chili and a nacho cheese sauce.  The menu called in "queso", I call it nacho cheese sauce- same as I would get with my "nachos" at the ball park.  We added the optional chicken for an extra dollar and were not really impressed.  It didn't have much flavor, and was served cold.  The nachos were finished with lots of lettuce, pico de gallo and fresh jalapenos.  There were also two types of salsa- a traditional red salsa and a Salsa Verde.  I personally did not care for either.  I love Mexican restaurant salsa- runny and full of cilantro.  This salsa tasted like it came straight from a jar.  I really don't have much experience with Salsa Verde, but I was not a fan.

Presentation: 8 The nachos arrived piled high on the dish.  They were bright and looked tasty and fresh.   From my first chip to my last, there was some type of gooey topping to enjoy on almost every bite.
Value: 8 The Ultimate Nachos are $6.99... if you add chicken, they are $7.99.  I think that $6.99 is a reasonable price for what you get.  The chicken, however, is not worth the extra dollar.  It was bland and cold and blah.
Originality: 6  These are your basic run of the mill Nachos.  There is nothing unique about them, however, I love it when the chili and the nacho cheese mix.  They make a gooey and delicious mess!  The best part if you ask me!
Quality: 8 While I am sure that many of the ingredients come from a can (chili, cheese, salsas) The ones that did not were fresh and crisp (lettuce, pico de gallo, jalapenos).  As thick and gooey as there nachos are, the chips held up surprisingly well!
Taste: 8 Overall, I like the nachos at Buffalo Wild wings.  They aren't anything special, but they hit the spot.   They are spicy and cheesy and salty. .My main complaint is that with all the hot ingredients- both spice and temperature,  I feel that a side of sour cream would balance it all out.  I am sure I will order these again... It's probably the 5th time I've had them this year.  Gourmet they are not, damn good bar grub?  Absolutely!

1 comment:

  1. Lol this is funny. This blog was started, has like 2 posts, and then died. "nacho connosiers" my ass.

    Jk, they probably just didn't care to update anymore lol

    ReplyDelete